We will be exploring the many different ways of communicating with God. Next Sunday we are hosting a CONCERT OF PRAYER SERVICE in both the 8:30 am and 11:00 am worship services. A Concert of Prayer is a tool used for corporate prayer that combines music, scripture, and a variety of liturgy to enable people to pray with focus and direction. The Concert of Prayer will be held by members of our prayer team. It is our hope and prayer that this service will be a rich experience as we start our Lenten journey together.
“The Daily Examen”
During the 6 weeks of Lent you are invited to use a spiritual practice that
John Wesley used called “The Daily Examen” developed by St. Ignatius over 500 years ago. Start by spending 5-10 minutes at the beginning and end of each day with Jesus meditation on the 5 questions below. You may want to light a candle or play soft music in the background as you meet with God.
- Become aware of God’s presence.
- Review the day with gratitude and give God thanks.
- Pay attention to your emotions and where you may have grieved God.
- Choose one feature of the day and pray from it..
- Look toward tomorrow. Ask for Jesus’ forgiveness and for His help to walk with you in the days ahead.