COVID has brought on many changes during the past year. We have not been able to meet in-person for most of that time. We did for a few months then due to the increase of the virus in our area we found it best to close again. It has been on the hearts of many of our Worship committee members that maybe this would be a good time to change the time of worship. We are currently only having one worship service due to cleaning and HAVC reasons in trying to keep the virus at bay in our place of worship. Right now we want to unify those who went to the early worship service and those attended the late service by moving the time to 10:00 am. We will still offer worship on Facebook and Zoom at 10:00 am.
Along with the time change we will be trying to do a blended worship service using a little of the contemporary along with the traditional ways of worship. The doors will open at 9:30 am. We will continue to have lis- tening music to help bring us into the worship service. This is a time when you can sit with the Lord, be still and pray.
So come and worship and remember to come early to check-in. We will still be taking temperature, and seating everyone with safe distancing.
We thank you for your understanding in all this. ~The Worship Committee
Worship Notes: Other Ways To Connect With Us In Worship
1. Join us on the internet by watching on FACEBOOK LIVE each Sunday at 10:00am.(https://www.facebook.com/mtcarmelumcofws)
- Join us on a free video or phone conference call on ZOOM by calling 1-301-715-8592. Enter the meeting identification number: 864-9023-9559#. You should not need a passcode. Just press # again. Please “mute” your phone or mic through the worship service. After the worship service is over you may “unmute” your mic and we will share our joys and concerns together and pray.
- Watch the service afterwards at anytime on our webpage at www.mtcarmelumc.org.
- Also…look out for a weekly calling post on Wednesdays that will be sent to your phone or voice mailwith a brief devotion through Lent.
5. You can request a copy of the week’s sermon to be emailed or mailed to you by calling the church office at 1-336-788-4183.
*If you have more worship ideas you want to share with our team, please contact Brenda Walburn, our Worship Committee Chair.