How Not to Be Deceived
10-30-2016. Last of our October Bible Series “How to Be a Positive Christian in a Politically Correct Culture”
Rev. Dr. Mary Miller
Jude 17-23 New International Version (NIV)
A Call to Persevere
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.
20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
1. Tricks the Devil uses:
2. False Doctrine
3. False Dreams, Visions, Miracles
4. Deception: Pride, Vanity, Arrogance, Lying
5. Desires of the Flesh: Greed, Lust, Immorality
6. Distractions: Laziness, Procrastination
7. Counterfeit Claims
8. Spiritual Attacks Faith: Doubt, Fear, Slander, Division, Unforgiveness, Bitterness, Apathy
9. Physical Attacks Faith: Intimidation, Imprisonment, Torture, Death