In Living Color: “The Spiritual Side of Gifts”
Pastor Mary Miller
October 11, 2015. 2nd of Series for Month of October.
1 Corinthians 12:1-3 (NIV)
Concerning Spiritual Gifts
12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
I. What ‘s the Spiritual Side of Gifts?
II. 8-fold Process for Discovering the Spiritual Side of God’s Gifts: (Based on the Gifted pastor by Kenneth H. Carter, Jr., 2001)
1. FRAMING—MOVING TOWARD A SPECIFIC GIFT
2. GROUNDING—NAMING OUR PRIORITY
3. SHEDDING—CONFESSING OUR SIN OF WHAT WE’RE NOT
4. ROOTING—DISCOVERING OURSELVES IN SCRIPTURE
5. LISTENING—BEING STILL & HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD
6. EXPLORING—CONSIDERING OTHER CALLS UPON OUR LIFE
7. IMPROVING & WEIGHING—DISCERNING THE GIFTS WITH OTHERS 8. CLOSING & RESTING—CLAIMING OUR GIFT & TRUSTING GOD