In Living Color: “Three Colors of Gifts”
Pastor Mary Miller
The 3 primary colors—green, red and blue—serve as a metaphor to understand God and the Trinity.
1. God reflected in 3 persons/colors:
- Blue=HOLY SPIRIT
2. 3 major revelations of God:
3. 3 types of spiritual gifts:
- Green=Father = Wisdom (Works)
- Red= Jesus = Commitment (Service)
- Blue=Spirit = Power (gifts)
4. 3 dimensions of gifts found in different churches:
- Green (often more liberal or mission-oriented)
- Red (typically more conservative or evangelism-centered)
- Blue (typically charismatic or signs/wonders-focused)
*Three Colors of Ministry”, Christian Swartz, 2001
1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NIV
4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.
5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.
6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of
tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.